Subject: Re: Bitcoin v0.1 released

From: "Dustin D. Trammell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 23:14:04 -0600

On Fri, 2009-01-09 at 03:27 +0800, Satoshi Nakamoto wrote:
> Announcing the first release of Bitcoin, a new electronic cash
> system that uses a peer-to-peer network to prevent double-spending.
> It's completely decentralized with no server or central authority.

I'm currently reading through your paper.  At the timestamp server
section you mention newspapers and usenet, so I thought you might be
interested in this if you have not seen it already:

http://www.publictimestamp.org/

By the way, I'm also currently running the alpha code on one of my
workstations.  So far it has two "Generated" messages, however the
"Credit" field for those is 0.00 and the balance hasn't changed.  Is
this due to the age/maturity requirement for a coin to be valid?

Cheers,

-- 
Dustin D. Trammell
[email-masked]
http://www.dustintrammell.com